Standard Patent · Software
Seonghoon Jeong is a representative patent attorney at Panbridge Patent & Law Office. Mr. Jeong has worked as an in-house Patent Attorney at Samsung Electronics and SK Planet, and has performed patent works for small entity/micro entity/university/public institution/corporates (such as LG) at the patent & law office. As a patent attorney, Mr. Jeong is a patent expert who has accumulated experience in various patent applications including patent application, analysis, and purchase.
While working in a patent team of Samsung Electronics, Mr. Jeong worked (1) for discovering standard patents for mobile communications (WCDMA, HSPA, LTE, WiMAX, Wi-Fi, etc.) and for preparing claim charts for a standard matching, (2) for analyzing communication standard patents related to Licensing/Litigation, (3) for purchasing patents from university/corporate, and (4) for conducting patent trend investigation/patent map work with the Korean Intellectual Property Office as a government R&D project.
While working in a legal team of SK Planet, Mr. Jeong worked on patent development for OMA standard/payment/open market/SNS/LBS/Cloud services, etc.
Working as a patent attorney/partner at patent & law offices based on the experience of in-house patent attorneys, Mr. Jeong performed standard patent fields (4G, 5G, 6G, Bluetooth, ATSC, etc.), 4th industrial revolution fields (AI, Autonomous driving, drones, etc.), and verification of necessity of standard patents.
Since then, Mr. Jeong is a new representative patent attorney at Panbridge Patent Law & Office, providing patent legal services for domestic and foreign customers based on an understanding of the technology and market in the electronic/IT field.
• Patent Attorney, Won Internationl Patent & Law Firm, 2008
• Patent Attorney, Samsung Eletronics, 2008~2010
• Patent Attorney, PARK, KIM & PARTNER International Patent & Law Firm, 2010~2012
• Patent Attorney, SK Planet, 2012~2014 • Managing Partner, Royal Patent & Law Firm, 2014~2020
• Managing Partner at Panbridge Patent & Law Office, 2020~present
• Korea University, B.S. in Electrical, Electronic and Radio Engineering, 2008
• Korea National Open University, B.S. in Law, 2018
Areas of Technical Expertise
• Standards (Mobile Communication (LTE, LTE-A, 5G) / Digital Broadcast (DVB, ATSC) / SmartCar- V2X (WAVE, ITS, DSRC) / Networks (SCSA, HDMI) / Local Wireless Notwork (Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth) / Wireless Charging (WPC))
• Electonics (AI / Autonomous Driving / Drone / Robot / Healthcare)
• Software & Platform (Bigdata / Payment / SNS / LBS / Cloud)
• Disputes/Licensing (Technology Transfer / Licensing for Information Technology)
• Search/Analysis (Reviews for Patent Infringement & Patent Invalidation)
Admission & Experiences
• Expert Adviser, Korea Invention Promotion Association, 2020~
• Expert Adviser, Intellectual Property Center, Seoul Business Agency, 2016~present • IPR Expert Adviser, Seoul Metropolitan Police Agency, 2016~present
• IPR Expert Adviser, Chung-Ang/Kyungil/Seowon/Hyupsung/Yeungnam/Hoseo/Chungbuk/Sunggyunkwan University Research and Business Foundation, 2015~present
• Korea Certified Valuation Analyst, KVA(Korea Valuation Association), 2013
• Expert, Essential Patent Center, 2011~present
• Civil Litigation Practice Training, 2009
• Patent Attorney, KIPO(Korean Intellectual Property Office), 2007